NEW YORK (AP) — ABC News is appointing Martha Raddatz as co-anchor of the Sunday morning public affairs show “This Week,” where she alternates hosting weeks with George Stephanopoulos.
ABC News President James Goldston’s announcement on Friday made formal what has been the practice over the past few months. Stephanopoulos has cut back on his weekend schedule since he co-hosts “Good Morning America” during the week.
Raddatz is also ABC News’ chief global affairs correspondent, and her work in that job is often seen on “This Week” on weeks where she’s not the host. The ABC anchors have moved to take the show’s segments on the road more often.
Chief White House correspondent Jonathan Karl will be the substitute host on weeks that the other two aren’t available.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location