The Folklife Festival, Sasquatch! Music Festival, SIFF and more are on tap for Memorial Day weekend 2015.
The sun will shine off and on this weekend, but what’s Memorial Day in the Northwest without a little drizzle? Rain never stops true Seattleites from getting out and having fun.
Here’s a quick list of some of the major draws this weekend, with links to more information.
Outdoor pools, water-spray parks and a new playground for kids at Seattle Center all open this weekend. Read all the details in an article by Madeline McKenzie.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director
NW FOLKLIFE FESTIVAL
MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS
Monday is the day to honor those who’ve died in battle, and municipalities from Snoqualmie to SeaTac host observances. See our list of 10 such events in the greater Seattle area.
SEATTLE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
It’s in full swing at multiple venues in Seattle and on the Eastside, now through June 7. For all the how-to information you need, check out our guide to SIFF. And for 19 of this week’s best films, see this list of recommended movies.
SASQUATCH! MUSIC FESTIVAL
The Northwest’s biggest what’s-happening-now-in-music festival has been sold out for months. If you’re lucky enough to have a ticket, spend a little time boning up on Odesza, the local up-and-comers anchoring the El Chupacabra stage on Saturday night. No ticket? Check this post throughout the weekend for photos and updates live from the Gorge.
Have a great long weekend!