This weekend, revisit your past and indulge in the present with the many celebrations, parties and state fair activities.
1. Relive the ’90s
Throw on your mom jeans, neon tracksuits and snap backs for a ’90s bar crawl, happening tomorrow at bars around Downtown Seattle and Capitol Hill. There’s also an “I Love the ’90s” live concert today and Saturday, featuring Salt-N-Pepa, All 4 One, Coolio and others.
2. Hit up the Chinatown International District Block Party
The first-ever Chinatown International District Block Party this Sunday celebrates the neighborhood with a free event organized, booked by and featuring Asian Pacific Islanders, like artists Shawn Wasabi, Awkwafina and block party emcee Hollis Wong-Wear.
3. Take a road trip for 99 bucks
Craving a breath of air outside the city? De-stress and refresh with a quick trip to the Yakima Valley, where fresh produce, wine and famous tamales abound.
4. Celebrate Suicide Squeeze’s birthday
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
Seattle’s eclectic indie label Suicide Squeeze which has released recordings by Elliott Smith, Modest Mouse and Minus the Bear, celebrates its 20th birthday with a concert tonight.
5. “Do the Puyallup.”
State fair season has arrived. Pet some goats, play some carnival games and indulge in greasy, fried fair-food goodness at the Evergreen State Fair, running through Sept. 5 in Monroe, and the Washington State Fair (formerly known as the Puyallup Fair), running Sept. 2-25 in Puyallup.