Get into the fall spirit this weekend with some seasonal activites, Oct. 7-9, 2016.
1. Get into the fall spirit
- Pumpkin patches and corn mazes and haunted houses, oh my! ‘Tis the season of pumpkin spice, changing colors and Halloween, so we’ve rounded up a guide to fall activities in the Seattle area to get you in the spirit. If nothing strikes your fancy there, here’s a larger list.
- Another way to get in the spirit: Aim the Jeep or Subaru to high forest roads above Blewett Pass in search of autumn-gold larch trees, a fall spectacle in the Cascades. We’ll point you in the right direction.
- And one more: Head to Elysian’s 12th annual Great Pumpkin Beer Festival, where you can find a selection of more than 80 pumpkin beers. What’s more, some of that beer is served on tap directly from a (real) giant pumpkin.
2. Go to the movies
Some highly-anticipated films are in theaters, including “The Girl on the Train,” based on the best-selling mystery novel, and the drama “The Birth of a Nation.” Fall film festival season is also upon us; check out the lineup.
3. Watch the UW-Oregon game
Following their blowout win against Stanford, the No. 5 UW Huskies face the rival Oregon Ducks in Eugene this weekend. The UW — looking to improve to 6-0 on the season — hopes to have better luck against the Ducks after 12 straight losses against their Oregon rivals. To get you ready, take a look back at some of their most memorable matchups.
4. Treat yourself at Restaurant Week
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'The Griswolds' Broadway Vacation,' at Seattle's 5th Avenue, starts out fast
- What can Broadway-hopeful ‘The Griswolds’ Broadway Vacation’ learn from Seattle?
- ‘Dilbert’ comic stripped from nearly 80 newspapers
- PNB debuts Alexei Ratmansky's stunning new work, 'Wartime Elegy'
- Officials: Campbell Danesh died of chloroethane inhalation