Ring in the holidays this weekend with some festive events, activities and drinks.
1. Ring in the holidays with good cheer
Holiday cheer is in full swing in local city centers. In downtown Seattle, find a caroling competition, an (extremely impressive) magical, wizarding world gingerbread village and a carousel. Downtown Bellevue is hosting its 12th annual Snowflake Lane, along with light displays and a skating rink.
If you prefer smaller crowds, check out the annual Magnolia Holiday Home Tour this Saturday, which opens up some Magnolia neighborhood homes to the public — complete with decked halls and other holiday fun. Here’s a peek at one of the houses you can see this weekend.
2. Venture into snow sports season
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
3. Make a list, check it twice
Start your holiday shopping. Here’s our gift guide for teens, tots, techies and more.
4. Taste some seasonal beers
The popular Winter Beer Festival returns this year for another round of holiday tastings. The event brings together more than 50 local breweries tomorrow and Saturday at Magnuson Park.
5. See some live music
Father John Misty, Naked Giants, The New Pornographers and others are performing at The Showbox on Saturday for SMooCH, a concert benefiting Seattle Children’s Hospital.