Ring in the holidays this weekend with some festive events, activities and drinks.
1. Ring in the holidays with good cheer
Holiday cheer is in full swing in local city centers. In downtown Seattle, find a caroling competition, an (extremely impressive) magical, wizarding world gingerbread village and a carousel. Downtown Bellevue is hosting its 12th annual Snowflake Lane, along with light displays and a skating rink.
If you prefer smaller crowds, check out the annual Magnolia Holiday Home Tour this Saturday, which opens up some Magnolia neighborhood homes to the public — complete with decked halls and other holiday fun. Here’s a peek at one of the houses you can see this weekend.
2. Venture into snow sports season
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- How Zach Bryan’s ‘Something in the Orange’ was made in Woodinville’s Bear Creek Studio
- Our predictions for who will win at the 2023 Grammy Awards
- New movies in Seattle-area theaters this week: 'Knock at the Cabin,' '80 for Brady'
- 11 things to do in the Seattle area this weekend
- Searchers find 2nd hiker in area where Julian Sands missing
3. Make a list, check it twice
Start your holiday shopping. Here’s our gift guide for teens, tots, techies and more.
4. Taste some seasonal beers
The popular Winter Beer Festival returns this year for another round of holiday tastings. The event brings together more than 50 local breweries tomorrow and Saturday at Magnuson Park.
5. See some live music
Father John Misty, Naked Giants, The New Pornographers and others are performing at The Showbox on Saturday for SMooCH, a concert benefiting Seattle Children’s Hospital.