Halloween is fast approaching — here are some ideas for your costume, plus other activities this weekend, Oct. 21-23, 2016.
1. Nail down a Halloween costume
This Halloween, sexy costumes are out. “People are looking for silly or gory instead of the French maid,” said Shana Danger Iverson of novelty store Archie McPhee in Wallingford. Here are some costume trends this year and some Halloween hairstyle ideas.
2. Then head to EMP
The museum will host a Fashionably Undead Prom, a night of ghastly costumes (and a costume contest, of course), dancing, pizza, punch and admission to the museum’s exhibit, “Can’t Look Away: The Lure of Horror Film.”
3. Seattle beer geeks, rejoice!
No Anchor in Belltown is finally here for you, with 17 beers on tap — not the widest selection compared to giant beer halls, but it’s some of the best beer around.
4. Appreciate fall foliage
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
In case you missed last week’s Japanese Maple Viewing Festival due to inclement weather (aka the mega-storm that wasn’t), there’s one this weekend as well. Here’s a preview of what you could capture. The time is also ripe to scavenge for mushrooms out in the wild. As one person described it, “It’s like an adult Easter egg hunt.” If you’re a beginner, be sure to tag along with an expert on your first trip.
5. Try a Seahawk’s wings
How much does Richard Sherman like hot wings? Enough to open a Wingstop in West Seattle. “Out of 10, I’d probably say I’m at eight and a half in my love for chicken,” he says. The Seahawks also play the Cardinals Sunday night — catch up on the previews here.