Research the candidates and issues on the Washington state ballot, honor veterans in Auburn, find deals in the area and more during this pre-election weekend.
This is the last weekend before ballots are due. Here’s our guide to the candidates and issues, the Seattle Times editorial board’s endorsements, and where you can drop off your ballot without a stamp.
2. Honor veterans
Auburn’s Veterans Day Parade and Observance, one of the largest events in the U.S. paying tribute to veterans and active military, is Saturday, with a Fun Run, parade, marching-band competition and more.
3. Dine Around Seattle
Would you like a nice meal for $22, $33 or $44? You can choose with the new tiered-pricing system for Dine Around Seattle, the biannual promo that starts this weekend. Here are our picks for the best meals at each price tier.
4. Get glamorous
5. Head to a hot spring
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
Though it may be counter-intuitive, November is the perfect time to seek out a geothermal pool, one of the few places where you can spend an entire day outside in comfort. Here are some of the good ones around Washington state.