It's been quite a week, to say the least. Here are some ways to decompress and celebrate Veterans Day this weekend, Nov. 11-13, 2016.
1. Decompress after this long, tumultuous election season
2. Honor our veterans
Today is Veterans Day. Here are some discounts and freebies vets can enjoy at restaurants, museums and other businesses in the area. National and state parks are celebrating tomorrow with free admission for all. Be sure to thank any veterans you meet there.
3. Start planning your snow-sports season
Ski and snowboard season is right around the corner, and we’ve got you covered on the planning, from Whistler (without breaking the bank) to Oregon’s Timberline. You can find bargains at Newport High School’s annual Ski and Snowboard Swap this weekend.
4. Check out a new restaurant
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Bill Gates names 5 of his favorite books of 2019
- Thrillers as good as 'Gone Girl'? Here's what you recommend. | The Plot Thickens VIEW
- Hello Kitty's 45th-anniversary pop-up in Bellevue presents an interactive, Instagrammable wonderland
- What's there to do in Seattle this weekend? Fun in the snow, silly theater shows and more
- Now streaming: Tarantino's 'Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood,' J.Lo's 'Hustlers' and more
There are six promising new restaurants in town, where you can find premium meats, an all-organic menu and possibly the best ramen of your life. Here’s where to find them, plus 16 other new restaurants.
5. And grab a drink, too
Check out the kitschy New Luck Toy in West Seattle, a bar complete with 180 ceiling lanterns, classic Sichuanese eats and pinball — and “inundated with bloggers and seemingly every foodie with an Instagram account.” Or head to this open bar in South Lake Union tomorrow.