It's been quite a week, to say the least. Here are some ways to decompress and celebrate Veterans Day this weekend, Nov. 11-13, 2016.
1. Decompress after this long, tumultuous election season
2. Honor our veterans
Today is Veterans Day. Here are some discounts and freebies vets can enjoy at restaurants, museums and other businesses in the area. National and state parks are celebrating tomorrow with free admission for all. Be sure to thank any veterans you meet there.
3. Start planning your snow-sports season
Ski and snowboard season is right around the corner, and we’ve got you covered on the planning, from Whistler (without breaking the bank) to Oregon’s Timberline. You can find bargains at Newport High School’s annual Ski and Snowboard Swap this weekend.
4. Check out a new restaurant
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- ‘Dilbert’ comic stripped from nearly 80 newspapers
- ‘The Butcher and the Wren’ is the top national fiction bestseller
- Officials: Campbell Danesh died of chloroethane inhalation
- Post Malone hospitalized with ‘stabbing pain’ and breathing difficulty
- 'The Griswolds' Broadway Vacation,' at Seattle's 5th Avenue, starts out fast
There are six promising new restaurants in town, where you can find premium meats, an all-organic menu and possibly the best ramen of your life. Here’s where to find them, plus 16 other new restaurants.
5. And grab a drink, too
Check out the kitschy New Luck Toy in West Seattle, a bar complete with 180 ceiling lanterns, classic Sichuanese eats and pinball — and “inundated with bloggers and seemingly every foodie with an Instagram account.” Or head to this open bar in South Lake Union tomorrow.