SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Filming is underway in Savannah, Georgia, for the psychological thriller “Lizzie,” which stars Chloe Sevigny as Lizzie Borden.
The film centers on the true events surrounding the infamous ax murders of Borden’s father and stepmother in Massachusetts in 1892. Lizzie Borden was tried and acquitted for the killings, and no one else was ever charged.
The film also stars Kristen Stewart as Bridget Sullivan, the Bordens’ live-in maid and witness to the slayings. The film is under the direction of Craig William Macneill, who gained attention with “The Boy.”
Beth Nelson, executive director of Savannah Area Film Office, tells the Savannah Morning News (http://bit.ly/2fCAhe4) filiming will be conducted at locations around the Georgia coastal city famous for its manicured parks, historical charm and antebellum architecture.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director
Information from: Savannah Morning News, http://www.savannahnow.com