Whether you missed our annual storytelling event or want to hear the stories again, we've got you covered. Here's the footage from Monday night's Ignite Education Lab.
If you weren’t among the 250 people who came to Ignite Education Lab on Monday evening, don’t worry. You can relive the evening in just 45 minutes by watching the videos below.
Education Lab selected these nine speakers from around the Northwest during an open call for talk ideas last fall. For the next month and a half, they worked with a coach to craft a five-minute talk about education timed to 20 slides. It’s a hard format for the speakers, but a treat for the audience.
We’ve been hosting this event for three years, and each time, a different theme comes through in the talks. Last year’s line-up, which was mostly comprised of educators, chose to focus on the importance of building relationships in the classroom and community. This year’s crew came from all walks of life, and told stories of the impact that empathy and perseverance have on learning.
Most Read Stories
- The Seattle Times recommends: No on Initiative 1631 | Editorial
- ESPN brings 'College GameDay' to Pullman, but it's the Cougar fans who put on a show
- For the first time in decades, the race for Congress is close in Eastern Washington
- All of a sudden, Seahawks' 2018 rookie class has plenty to live up to: An early evaluation VIEW
- What we learned from the UW Huskies' 27-13 victory over Colorado