Whether you missed our annual storytelling event or want to hear the stories again, we've got you covered. Here's the footage from Monday night's Ignite Education Lab.
If you weren’t among the 250 people who came to Ignite Education Lab on Monday evening, don’t worry. You can relive the evening in just 45 minutes by watching the videos below.
Education Lab selected these nine speakers from around the Northwest during an open call for talk ideas last fall. For the next month and a half, they worked with a coach to craft a five-minute talk about education timed to 20 slides. It’s a hard format for the speakers, but a treat for the audience.
We’ve been hosting this event for three years, and each time, a different theme comes through in the talks. Last year’s line-up, which was mostly comprised of educators, chose to focus on the importance of building relationships in the classroom and community. This year’s crew came from all walks of life, and told stories of the impact that empathy and perseverance have on learning.
Most Read Stories
- 3 million gallons of untreated sewage spill into Puget Sound, state officials investigating
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- Cruise ship turns back to Seattle after power outage
- T-Mobile's brash CEO sprints to top of best-paid leaders at Pacific Northwest companies
- Kelsey Plum returns to UW, searching for the same happiness that brought her college glory