Seattle teachers vote for 1-day strike: Teachers in Seattle are joining educators in several other Washington districts in planning a one-day strike to protest what they see as a lack of money for schools in the Legislature. Seattle’s walkout will take place May 19; teachers in Snohomish, Franklin Pierce and Lake Stevens also voted Monday to approve one-day strikes.
WSU moves ahead with medical school (AP): Washington State University has launched a search for a founding dean of its new medical school in Spokane and aims to achieve preliminary national accreditation next spring. The school plans to hold its first classes in the fall of 2017.
Students wear T-shirts supporting Marysville Pilchuck shooter (AP): A group of students who wore “Team Jaylen” T-shirts to a recent memorial for victims of the shooting at Marysville Pilchuck High School was asked to remove them. District and tribal leaders say they are working together to address the issue.
Most Read Stories
- How a UW entomologist reported the first U.S. sighting of the giant Atlas moth
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Seattle saw one of its warmest nights ever, and more heat is ahead
- More delays for light rail to Bellevue, Redmond, Federal Way, Lynnwood
- Gravity Payments CEO Dan Price resigns
A field trip to Baltimore (The Atlantic)