Parents gather 20,000 signatures on teacher evaluations: A group of parents organized by advocacy group Stand for Children Washington delivered a petition with 20,000 signatures supporting the use of student test scores in teacher evaluations to lawmakers in Olympia on Tuesday. The petition is an effort to rally for support of Senate Bill 5748, legislation that has passed the Senate but has yet to earn a vote in the House’s education committee.
Bill that paves way for WSU medical school headed to Inslee’s desk: Legislation that would pave the way for Washington State University to open a new medical school in Spokane has passed through both chambers and awaits Gov. Jay Inslee’s signature. The bill doesn’t appropriate any state funding for the school, however.
Sex ed gets makeover in workshops for parents and kids (The New York Times): Julie Metzger has led frank, tell-all sex ed workshops for parents and students at Seattle Children’s Hospital for more than two decades.
Most Read Stories
- 'One of the best games I've ever seen': Mariners down Yankees 1-0 in 13 innings
- A tour inside the West Seattle Bridge reveals 'banjo tight' repairs
- 'We are at war': So much for the GOP general election pivot to the middle
- Carlos Santana's two-run homer pushes Mariners to series win over Yankees
- Washington will elect non-Republican as secretary of state for the first time since 1960
How an elite women’s college lost its base and found its mission (The Chronicle of Higher Education)