Asian Resource Center will become charter school: A new charter school called Summit Public Charter School: Sierra will soon open in the current location of a longstanding Asian-American community resource center in the International District. Los Angeles-based Pacific Charter School Development purchased the building for $4 million; the school is scheduled to open in fall 2015.
N.J. program offers high-school diplomas online (The Inquirer): A county library system in Camden, N.J., is offering 35 scholarships to the Career Online High School with funds from the state Department of Labor and Workforce Development. The Florida-based program enables students to work at their own pace and schedule.
Gonzaga student from Tacoma wins Marshall Scholarship: Chris Birmingham will study in England next fall under the prestigious Marshall program.
Most Read Stories
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Residents fight Seattle rules allowing apartment developers to forgo parking
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?
- UW's Azeem Victor suspended indefinitely after arrest
- Inside a Chinese test-prep factory (The New York Times)
- Highline students redefine beauty for peers (KING 5)