The Washington State Board of Education is meeting in Seattle July 7-9.
Got something to say about the state’s new reading and math tests, the new two-year education budget or other state education policies?
Members of the Washington State Board of Education will listen to comments and concerns at a public forum on July 8 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Rainier Community Center, 4600 38th Ave South in Seattle. Register here for the event (it’s not required, but space is limited).
The forum is part of the board’s regular meeting, which begins today at the Museum of Flight.
The three-day agenda includes a review of of experiences districts had giving the new Smarter Balanced state math and reading tests this spring on July 9 from 10-11:30 a.m. The meetings on July 8 and July 9 both have times scheduled for public comment.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?