- What is a digital account and why do I want one?
- How to log into your digital account
- How to create a new password
- How to create a new digital subscriber account
- Download a printable pdf of all tutorials
What is a digital account and why do I want one?
Print subscribers have access to all Seattle Times products – print and digital.
A digital account gives you unlimited access to all Seattle Times digital products. This allows you to read unlimited articles on seattletimes.com, and gives you access to Print Replica, an exact digital copy of the printed paper to read, download or print as a PDF. It's offered for both the web to use across all devices and as a mobile app for Android and iOS. You can also use your digital account to log in to our full suite of mobile apps.
With a digital account, you can also manage your subscription online: pay your bill, schedule a delivery hold, report a missing paper and more.
A digital account is included with all print subscriptions.
Where do I start?
- If you have an email address associated with a Seattle Times subscription, you may already have a digital subscriber account and just need to log in. Start with the tutorial “How to log into your digital account.”
- If you know you already have a digital subscriber account, but don’t remember your password or never created one, try the tutorial “How to create a new password.”
- If you are a print subscriber who does not have a digital subscriber account, the tutorial “How to create a new digital subscriber account” will help you create one.
- If you are able to log in, but the system does not recognize you as a subscriber, try “How to create a new digital subscriber account.”
How to log into your digital account
If you already have a digital account, you can access the login screen by clicking "Log in" on the top right of the seattletimes.com home page, or by clicking on the hotlink in this tutorial (shown in blue underlined text). Follow these steps to log in:
Step 1: Go to the Log in page on the Seattle Times website.
NOTE: It's easier to follow the tutorial if you open the log in page in a new tab in your web browser so that you can toggle back for the instructions.
Step 2: Enter the email and password associated with your account and click the blue "Log In" button.
If you would like to skip this step the next time, and be automatically logged into seattletimes.com when you visit our site, check the box titled "Keep me logged in on this device."
That's it. You should now be logged into and able to enjoy full digital access to seattletimes.com and all our digital products. Enjoy!
To find out more about what you can do with your digital account, click here.
How to create a new password
If you forgot your password or need to create one for the first time, follow these steps using the email associated with your Seattle Times account. If you need to create a digital account from scratch (e.g. you're a print subscriber who originally signed up over the phone, mail etc. ), go to the tutorial to How to create a new digital subscriber account.
Step 1. Go to the log in page on the Seattle Times website.
Step 2. Select "Forgot your password?" under the password field.
Step 3. Enter the email address associated with your account and click on the blue "Send Link" button. This will send you an email with a link to reset your password.
Step 4. Open your email and select the message with the subject line "Reset your password," then click on the link in the message.
This will take you to a Seattle Times page to create a new password.
Step 5. Enter your new password. Then, enter it again in the "Confirm new password" field and select the "Reset my password" button.
Your password needs to be at least 6 characters and is case-sensitive.
Step 6. A new page will appear to confirm the password change. Click the blue "Continue" button to exit this screen.
You're done! This is now your password for seattletimes.com and all our digital products, so be sure to keep it somewhere you'll remember it.
How to create a new digital subscriber account
If you are a print subscriber who has never used our online services, you will need to create a digital account that links to your print subscription. This also applies if you log in to the Seattle Times website, but are not recognized as a subscriber. This tutorial will get you set up so you can read unlimited articles on our website, manage your account online, and more.
Step 1. Go to Link your print and digital subscription.
This will open the “Link your print and digital subscription” page on the Seattle Times website.
NOTE: If you get a message that “Your account is already associated with a subscription...” yet you are having issues being recognized as a subscriber, please call us at 206.624.7323 or 888.624.7323.
Step 2. Find your subscription online.
- Enter your last name
- Enter your Seattle Times account number (which appears on your bill) and go to Step 5
- If you don't have your account number, continue to Step 3
Step 3. Select the down arrow in the "Subscription details" text field to display options to find your subscription. You may search by last name, ZIP code and phone number, or ZIP code and house number.
Step 4. Select the search criteria you would like to use and enter that information in the text fields.
Step 5. Select the blue button "Find my subscription."
This will open the page "Create a digital account for this subscription."
Step 6. Now you're ready to create a digital account. First, confirm that your subscriber account is correct.
Step 7. Fill out the form with your email address, or click on the buttons to use your social media account, and follow the appropriate step below.
- If you use the email form, select the blue "Submit" button and you're done!
- If you use social media to log in, continue to Step 8 to confirm your account.
- If you already have a digital account, click "Log in" below the headline to log in with your Seattle Times email and password to finish the linking account process.
Step 8. Confirm your account by clicking on the blue "Link your accounts" button.
Success! You will see a page like the one below that confirms your digital account is active.
You can now enjoy all your subscriber benefits with a digital account that includes unlimited access to seattletimes.com and all Seattle Times digital products.
Download a printable pdf of all tutorials
Make it easy to reference all the tutorials in one document by downloading a printable pdf to use while you to through the tutorial steps online.