YouTube’s video streaming service went out for more than an hour on Tuesday, apparently affecting locations around the world.
YouTube acknowledged the outage in a tweet at 9:41 p.m. EDT, noting that it affected YouTube, YouTube Music and YouTube TV. The company said it was working on the issue and apologized for the inconvenience.
Reporters for the AP found that YouTube’s main service was working again around 10:50 p.m. EDT. Ten minutes later, YouTube tweeted again to note that service was restored, but offered no details.
In reply to a query from the AP, an unsigned message from Google’s press team stated, “We don’t have anything to add beyond the tweet.”
Most Read Business Stories
- Fired Amazon employee with Crohn's disease files lawsuit over lack of bathroom access
- Instead of fearing a Green New Deal, we need to embrace it | Jon Talton
- $500K bulletproof, souped-up Cadillac Escalade built for rich and famous
- Is your phone always low on battery and chewing through data? 'DrainerBot' could be to blame, Oracle says.
- New questions emerge around REI CEO's undisclosed relationship