Yahoo says it has bought the startup Alike, the creator of a mobile app that helps people find nearby restaurants and places they'll like.
Yahoo says it has bought the startup Alike, the creator of a mobile app that helps people find nearby restaurants and places they’ll like.
Financial terms of the deal, which was also posted on Alike’s blog, was not disclosed. Yahoo Inc. said Tuesday that Alike’s team will join Yahoo’s mobile organization in San Francisco and Sunnyvale, Calif.
Alike says on its blog that it will stop supporting the Alike Nearby iPhone and Web applications.
Yahoo is acquiring Alike as Internet companies’ mobile strategies are becoming increasingly important as more and more of their users are using smartphones and tablets to access content.
Most Read Business Stories
- FAA safety engineer goes public to slam the agency's oversight of Boeing's 737 MAX
- MacKenzie Scott marries Seattle teacher after Bezos divorce
- Google puts lid on cookie jar and ends an internet era | Commentary
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- Microsoft’s $10 billion Pentagon deal at risk amid Amazon fight