NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A former education adviser to New York’s governor says she was repeatedly groped by a drunken man on her United Airlines flight to New Jersey.
Katie Campos recounted the event on Twitter , saying she was groped multiple times by the stranger during the 45-minute flight from Buffalo to Newark. Campos says she was allowed to move seats but the man continued to harass her and other female passengers until the plane landed.
Campos is an executive director for a Buffalo-area Teach for America chapter and says the man was visibly intoxicated and shouldn’t have been allowed on the plane.
The Washington Post reports the man was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct after the plane landed.
Most Read Business Stories
- How the next U.S. recession may look: long, moderate, painful
- Euro hits 20-year low against dollar
- How full does SSD need to be before Windows begins to slow? Can Windows 11 be reset to default settings?
- Nuclear power gets new push in U.S., winning converts
- Sorority to pay UW students $250,000 in refunds
Chicago-based United says it has no tolerance for the behavior described by Campos.