NEW YORK (AP) — Walmart is making another play for former Babies R Us shoppers looking for cribs, diaper-changing tables and other baby goods.
The company is revamping the baby section of its website, letting shoppers browse by style. It has also increased the number of baby products it sells by 30,000 in the last year.
Babies R Us shut the last of its more than 200 stores last month after parent company Toys R Us liquidated its business.
Many retailers are trying to take a piece of that business. BuyBuy Baby, which has about 120 stores, offered to help those with Babies R Us gift registries recreate them at its stores. And Amazon had enlisted a pregnant Khloe Kardashian to promote its baby registries to her more than 70 million Instagram followers.
Most Read Business Stories
- Renter boom: Apartments filling up faster in Seattle area than anywhere in the U.S.
- Battered SpaceX Falcon Heavy booster knocked over at sea returns to Port Canaveral
- Lauren Sanchez files for divorce after Bezos split finalized
- Downtown congestion tolling — Seattle needs to go with eyes wide open | Jon Talton
- Paccar names Preston Feight new CEO