NEW YORK (AP) — Walmart is making another play for former Babies R Us shoppers looking for cribs, diaper-changing tables and other baby goods.
The company is revamping the baby section of its website, letting shoppers browse by style. It has also increased the number of baby products it sells by 30,000 in the last year.
Babies R Us shut the last of its more than 200 stores last month after parent company Toys R Us liquidated its business.
Many retailers are trying to take a piece of that business. BuyBuy Baby, which has about 120 stores, offered to help those with Babies R Us gift registries recreate them at its stores. And Amazon had enlisted a pregnant Khloe Kardashian to promote its baby registries to her more than 70 million Instagram followers.
Most Read Business Stories
- No good deed goes unpunished — Bezos' gift and its discontents | Jon Talton
- UK leader May hits back after EU trashes her Brexit plan VIEW
- Amazon considering opening 3,000 cashierless Go stores, report says
- In a bitcoin-dotcom-like frenzy, Tilray stock ends a wild day higher after wiping out 94 percent gain
- California: Drugmaker paid doctors to overprescribe Humira