NEW YORK (AP) — Walmart is apologizing after a racial slur was used in a product description by a third-party vendor on its website.
The seller used the slur in reference to a hair cap.
Walmart says it has removed the listing from its website and called it a “clear violation of our policy.” It said it was “appalled that this third-party seller listed their item with this description on our online marketplace.”
It says it is investigating the seller to find out how it happened.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
Walmart has been trying hard to compete better with online leader Amazon, and now sells 50 million products on its site including those from third-party sellers. Though it has never shared the exact breakdown, Walmart.com has thousands of such vendors.