BROOMFIELD, Colo. (AP) — Vail Resorts says it will invest $52 million in improvements at Canada’s Whistler Blackcomb resort.
The Vail Daily reports the company will build a 10-passenger gondola and new lifts at the ski resort, North America’s biggest and busiest.
Vail Resorts’ Thursday announcement came as it reported a $28.4 million net loss for its first quarter. That compares to a $62.2 million loss for the same quarter last year.
Vail commonly posts a loss for the quarter because its resorts aren’t operating for most of the period. Its fiscal year runs Aug. 1 to July 31.
Most Read Business Stories
- Foreign tech workers face higher hurdles in H-1B visa applications
- Seattle tops the nation in tower cranes for third straight year as construction reaches new peak
- Boeing may build its 797 with a metal fuselage to keep costs down - and that could favor Everett
- Boeing exec says 797 jet still likely to have a composite fuselage, not metal
- Boeing working intensely to firm up plans for proposed '797'
Vail has 13 ski areas, all of them destination resorts courting overnight guests.
Information from: Vail Daily, http://www.vaildaily.com/