Tree Top has purchased Sabroso, a Medford, Ore., company that makes fruit purées used in other food products. Tree Top spokeswoman Sharon...
YAKIMA — Tree Top has purchased Sabroso, a Medford, Ore., company that makes fruit purées used in other food products.
Tree Top spokeswoman Sharon Miracle told the Yakima Herald-Republic that Sabroso will operate as a subsidiary of the Selah-based grower-owned cooperative. Sabroso will be an outlet for Tree Top growers and round out its offerings.
Sabroso has $90 million in worldwide sales annually with a work force of 180 at Medford, Woodburn, Ore., and Oxnard, Calif.
Sabroso processes apples, pears, peaches and other fruits into products used in baby food, baked goods, beverages and ice cream.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon sued by Black cloud-computing manager over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
- Costco, Whole Foods rise in Greenpeace rankings of grocery chains' plastic use
Tree Top has 1,300 grower-owners in Washington, Oregon and Idaho and plants in Selah, Wenatchee, Prosser and Rialto, Calif.