Heads up: As the quarterly parade of earnings reports winds down, a slew of reports on the economic health of the nation are due out this...
Heads up: As the quarterly parade of earnings reports winds down, a slew of reports on the economic health of the nation are due out this week. On Monday are monthly figures on factory orders, and personal income and spending. Tuesday is the monthly update on the economy’s service sector — the Institute for Supply Management’s nonmanufacturing index. Retail-sales figures are out Thursday, and on Friday are the latest figures on worker productivity and labor costs, and U.S. trade.
Tuesday: Timber giant Weyerhaeuser is expected to report its third straight quarterly loss when it releases its second-quarter financial results; 7 a.m. conference call webcast at http://investor.weyerhaeuser.com. … Other second-quarter earnings reports include Blue Nile (2 p.m. webcast at http://investor.bluenile.com) and ZymoGenetics (1:30 p.m. webcast at www.zymogenetics.com).
Wednesday: July homes sales numbers for Puget Sound area counties will be released by the Northwest Multiple Listing Service.
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle among top markets as U.S. home prices increase by double-digit percentages for the first time in years
- Another top Amazon executive to leave company
- Boeing 757 bound for Seattle makes emergency landing
- REI picks new satellite office ‘surrounded by trail networks’
- Alaska Airlines ordered to pay $3.2M to family of woman who died after escalator fall