Heads up: The week's economic data will be closely watched as details of the government's financial-services bailout unfold.
Heads up: The week’s economic data will be closely watched as details of the government’s financial-services bailout unfold. On Monday, the Commerce Department releases personal income data for August, and on Tuesday, the Conference Board’s Consumer Confidence Index and Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller home price index are released.
Monday: Look for Microsoft to file its annual proxy statement sometime this week. During the last four years, it has filed its proxy between Sept. 20 and Oct 4.
Tuesday: Rosario Resort and Spa on Orcas Island will be auctioned off.
Wednesday: The stock market has been on a roller-coaster ride. Look for a breakdown of third-quarter results for the market and Northwest stocks in The Seattle Times Business section.
Most Read Business Stories
- REI picks new satellite office ‘surrounded by trail networks’
- Judge upholds Seattle eviction regulations, rebuffing landlords' lawsuit
- Fry's Electronics executive accused of embezzling $65 million
- Funky electronics chain Fry's is no more
- Alaska Airlines ordered to pay $3.2M to family of woman who died after escalator fall