Heads up: The Federal Reserve opens on Wednesday its Beige Book, a closely watched survey of regional business activity. The last report, in...
The Federal Reserve opens on Wednesday its Beige Book, a closely watched survey of regional business activity. The last report, in January, showed all but one of its 12 regional banks (Cleveland) were reporting an expanding economy. Commerce Department’s report on international trade is due Friday.
Expect to hear some vague announcements about future video-game consoles this week, as video-game developers gather in San Francisco . Xbox visionary J. Allard and Nintendo President Satoru Iwata are scheduled to give keynote speeches Wednesday and Thursday. Don’t expect concrete details about next-generation game systems, though. Word is the companies are saving those announcements for the Electronics Entertainment Expo in May.
The newest Boeing commercial jetliner, the ultralong range 777-200LR, makes its first flight, commanded by test pilot Capt. Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann. The plane is scheduled to take off from Paine Field outside the Boeing plant in Everett at 10 a.m. and land at Boeing Field at 1 p.m. …. Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates unveils new communication products aimed at business customers, including the new Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005, in San Francisco.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- As Amazon’s deadline for HQ2 bids closes, speculation on winner heats up
- Midweek rain in Seattle area is just hint of what's to come, forecasters say
- As Confederate statues fall, this Washington town is creating a monument to its black founder VIEW
Sonosite makes a presentation in Honolulu at the International Anesthesia Research Society’s Clinical and Scientific Congress.