Heads up: Last month, the Institute for Supply Management index fell to its lowest level since October 2001, triggering fears of a recession...
Heads up: Last month, the Institute for Supply Management index fell to its lowest level since October 2001, triggering fears of a recession and sending the Dow Jones industrial index down 370 points. The index for February comes out Monday. Another major economic report out this week is the Federal Reserve’s Beige Book summary of regional economic activity, on Wednesday.
Monday: Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates kicks off a weeklong conference in Seattle focused on his company’s SharePoint — hot-selling business software for collaboration, enterprise search and business intelligence.
Tuesday: The big thinkers in Microsoft’s research division hold a science fair for journalists in Redmond.
Wednesday: Microsoft kicks off its third Mix conference for Web developers and designers in Las Vegas. Chief Software Architect Ray Ozzie is scheduled to give a keynote speech — a rare public appearance for this top exec. … Puget Sound-area home-sales numbers for February are released by the Northwest Multiple Listing Service. … Costco Wholesale releases its second-quarter financial results. An 8 a.m. conference call with analysts will be webcast live on the investor-relations portion of www.costco.com.
Most Read Business Stories
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- Boeing CEO gave up millions in pay; here's what he and other top execs earned
- Amazon's telehealth arm quietly expands to 21 more states
- Inflation isn't the big risk, with economy's recovery still uncertain