Shares of high-end electric sports car maker Tesla Motors Inc. reached new lows Wednesday in their reversal from a big run-up following the company's initial public offering last week.
Shares of high-end electric sports car maker Tesla Motors Inc. reached new lows Wednesday in their reversal from a big run-up following the company’s initial public offering last week.
Tesla shares fell 93 cents, or 5.8 percent, to $15.18 in afternoon trading. The latest drop came a day after the company slipped below its IPO price of $17 per share. The stock briefly traded below $15 after midday.
The copmany’s shares surged as high as $30.42 last week as investors considered Tesla’s role in the future of alternative-fuel vehicles.
Analysts have said the stock drop shows investors are worrying that the company, which hasn’t turned a profit since its founding in 2003 and has sold only about 1,000 cars, was overvalued.
Most Read Business Stories
- Kirkland consultant questioned for six hours in criminal probe of Boeing 737 MAX crashes
- Blue Apron latest to suffer in tough meal kit market
- ‘We had executional misses’ — Nordstrom reports decline in profits and sales
- Supreme Court rejects UPS on Postal Service delivery prices
- As Seattle's new hotels roll out automation to serve guests, workers worry