North Sky Communications, a telecommunications contractor, is permanently laying off 57 employees in Woodinville, according to a notice filed with the state Employment Security Department.
North Sky Communications, a telecommunications contractor, has permanently laid off 57 employees in Woodinville, according to a notice filed with the state Employment Security Department.
North Sky, which is based in Vancouver, Wash., and owned by Quanta Services of Houston, said in its filing that the effective date of the layoff was December 11.
Phone calls to North Sky’s Woodinville office were not being picked up on Tuesday. North Sky president Rod Kuenzi was out and not available for comment, said a receptionist at the Vancouver office.
The company also laid off 27 people this month in Sherwood, Ore., outside Portland, according to The Oregonian’s Silicon Forest Blog. That layoff was blamed on a delay in work planned by Verizon.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
- J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine