Bothell-based software company is moving its headquarters to Denver.
Vertafore, a Bothell-based company that sells software for the insurance industry, is relocating its headquarters to Denver.
A company representative said Vertafore expects Denver’s growing tech industry to help it attract employees.
When it was sold a year ago by one private equity firm to two others for a reported $2.7 billion, Vertafore had 1,300 employees, including about 500 in the Puget Sound area.
Bothell will become one of the company’s nine locations with different special focuses. The company would not comment on how many employees will remain at the Bothell location.
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle-area home price cool-down stands out among U.S. cities
- Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing, FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system | Times Watchdog
- Boeing has 737 MAX software fix ready for airlines as DOT launches new scrutiny of entire FAA certification process
- Belltown penthouse is region’s priciest condo sale ever — and new owners won't even live there
- Amazon finds an alternative workforce through Northwest Center, a Seattle nonprofit helping people with disabilities
The Denver Post reported that Vertafore could receive up to $700,000 in relocation incentives from Colorado and Denver, tied to new job creation.