The office, which will house engineering, operations and sales and marketing staff, is the 14th the business analytics company has worldwide.
The Seattle business-analytics company has opened its first Canadian office in Vancouver, B.C., the company said Wednesday. The office becomes the 14th at the rapidly growing company, which now has more than 2,400 employees globally.
Tableau’s office, at 885 West Georgia St. in downtown Vancouver, will house engineering, operations, sales and marketing staff. The company hasn’t said how many people the office will hold, but online job postings show 19 open positions in Vancouver.
“Vancouver is a vibrant, diverse city with a talented workforce and growing technology presence,” said co-founder Chris Stolte of his hometown.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing will hire hundreds of temporary employees at Moses Lake as it prepares for 737 MAX's return to service
- Where a recession might hurt the Puget Sound region worst | Jon Talton
- Amazon is harnessing the 'strange and remarkable' growth of independent sellers with new tools, investments
- FAA cautions airlines on maintenance of sensors that were key to 737 MAX crashes
- Amazon opens its largest campus building anywhere, in India
Tableau recently announced it is moving into 210,000 square feet in a new building near Seattle’s Gas Works Park, and is taking over about 24,000 square feet of space in the former Bungie building in Kirkland.