Previous occupants of the building include Bungie and, most recently, Microsoft’s 343Industries game studio.
Tableau is expanding once again in the Puget Sound region, this time on the Eastside.
The Seattle data visualization company has leased space at 434 Kirkland Way, where previous occupants include Bungie, the gaming company and original developer of the popular “Halo.”
The space is currently occupied by a Microsoft Studios division that was formed to continue developing “Halo” after Bungie spun out of Microsoft in 2007.
Microsoft spokesman Lou Gellos said the studio, 343 Industries, is moving to Redmond.
Most Read Business Stories
- All of those quitters? They’re at work
- Shareholder: Amazon's 'astronomical' misuse of customer data could ruin company
- Developer hopes to pull off retail-to-office makeover at downtown Seattle's Pacific Place
- In the other Washington, Boeing's future is far from clear
- Alaska Airlines says flight cancellations to continue through May, ease in June
The space is 24,141 square feet, according to real estate firm Broderick Group, which marketed the building.
Tableau’s lease begins during the first half of 2016, the company said in a statement. Tableau already has office space in another building in Kirkland.
Tableau signed a lease in July to take over 210,000 square feet of space in a new building just north of Seattle’s Gas Works Park. The booming company also announced at the time that it would move into an entire Fremont building where it already occupies one floor.