IS. “Soma” Somasegar joined the venture capital firm in late 2015 as a venture partner. In addition to naming him to the firm’s highest title, Madrona made other personnel moves.
Madrona Venture Capital has named former Microsoft executive S. “Soma” Somasegar as a managing director, the firm’s highest title.
Somasegar joined Madrona as a venture partner in November 2015 after 27 years at Microsoft, where he most recently served as the executive in charge of the company’s developer software unit.
Madrona, the most active venture capital firm in the region, also announced it was promoting two employees and bringing on a new venture partner.
Most Read Business Stories
- When private jets ferry billionaires to small-town Idaho
- High court declines to take up fight over airline crew rest
- How full does SSD need to be before Windows begins to slow? Can Windows 11 be reset to default settings?
- Alaska used-car prices run amok in a 'ridiculous' market
- She bought a house in Seattle for $36,000 in 1973. How can she release some cash?
Hope Cochran will join the Madrona team this month. She most recently served as chief financial officer of King Digital, known for creating the popular “Candy Crush” game. Cochran also was chief financial officer of Clearwire, a onetime major wireless company based in the area, for nearly three years.
She also founded the Seattle Entrepreneurial Women’s Network, a forum for women in the startup world.
Madrona also promoted Daniel Li, who joined the company in 2015, to senior associate.