Synapse Product Development said Cambridge Consultants bought it and plans to grow its team of hardware designers.
Seattle-based Synapse Product Development has been acquired by Cambridge Consultants, a U.K. firm that offers similar services.
The Seattle company said its 150 employees would all join Cambridge, bringing the combined company to more than 700 people total.
The companies declined to disclose the terms of the deal.
Synapse is headquartered in downtown Seattle and works with clients such as Microsoft, Nike and Samsung to design products. The hardware design company worked on the SportBand and SportWatch GPS products for Nike.
Most Read Business Stories
- As Amazon shrinks, some workers' last day comes 2 days before Christmas
- Cantwell pushes to clear Boeing's final 737 MAX models, with conditions
- Seattle tops nation's slowing housing markets
- Millennials shut out of the housing market, again
- Starbucks illegally refused to negotiate with union, NLRB rules
Cambridge Consultants, part of publically traded company Altran group, said it would continue hiring and grow the company to more than 1,000 people by 2020.
“Synapse has a rich heritage in developing technology-driven consumer products and strengthens our reach both geographically and in this key market segment,” Cambridge CEO Alan Richardson said in a statement.
The acquisition is expected to close in the second half of the year.