Heads up: Another Fed meeting, another interest-rate increase? That's what many expect when the Federal Reserve System's Open Market Committee...
Heads up: Another Fed meeting, another interest-rate increase? That’s what many expect when the Federal Reserve System’s Open Market Committee meets Wednesday and Thursday. It would be the ninth rate increase over the past year. Other things that could affect the markets this week are the latest figures on consumer confidence (Tuesday), gross domestic product (Wednesday), and personal income and spending (Thursday).
Tuesday: Nastech Pharmaceutical, a Bothell biotech company, holds its analyst and investor day at the University Club in New York. The event will be webcast at www.nastech.com.
Wednesday: Perry Satterlee, the chief operating officer of Kirkland-based Clearwire, is the opening-morning keynote speaker at the Wireless Communications Association International’s 2005 conference in Washington, D.C. Clearwire, founded by wireless entrepreneur Craig McCaw, provides broadband wireless services using an early version of WiMax. The annual convention will end Friday.
Friday: Watch for the second-quarter review of Northwest stocks’ performance in The Seattle Times’ Business section.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together VIEW