Heads up: If a slew of monthly economic reports due out this week isn't enough, Election Day on Tuesday could give financial markets another...
Heads up: If a slew of monthly economic reports due out this week isn’t enough, Election Day on Tuesday could give financial markets another jolt. The reports begin Monday with the Institute for Supply Management’s (ISM) manufacturing index; factory orders Tuesday; the ISM index for the service sector Wednesday; retail sales, worker productivity and labor costs Thursday; and updates on the U.S. jobless rate and consumer debt Friday.
Tuesday: Internet jeweler Blue Nile discusses its third-quarter financial results in a 2 p.m. conference call webcast at www.bluenile.com.
Wednesday: WinHEC, Microsoft’s conference for computer-hardware makers, kicks off in Los Angeles, running through Friday. The company is expected to discuss more technical details of its next operating system, Windows 7…. Internet retailer drugstore.com discusses its quarterly results in a 2 p.m. conference call webcast at www.drugstore.com.
Thursday: The Northwest Multiple Listing Service releases October home-sales figures. Will September’s increase in pending sales become an increase in closed sales? … Activewear retailer Eddie Bauer discusses its third-quarter financial results in a 1:30 p.m. conference call webcast at http://investors.eddiebauer.com/events.cfm.
Most Read Business Stories
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- Boeing CEO gave up millions in pay; here's what he and other top execs earned
- Jeff Bezos gets fraction of legal fees from girlfriend’s brother
- Amazon's telehealth arm quietly expands to 21 more states