Heads up: Key economic reports due this week include: the Commerce Department's April figures on the U.S. trade deficit on Tuesday; on...
Heads up: Key economic reports due this week include: the Commerce Department’s April figures on the U.S. trade deficit on Tuesday; on Wednesday, the Federal Reserve releases its “Beige Book” survey of regional economic conditions, and the Treasury Department reports on the federal budget for May; on Thursday, the Commerce Department releases the retail-sales report for May and business inventories for April; and on Friday is the Labor Department’s consumer price index for May.
Wednesday: Online travel company Expedia holds its annual meeting, but if you want to attend in person you’d better head for the airport: Although Expedia is based in Bellevue, the meeting will take place in West Hollywood, Calif. The meeting, which starts at 8 a.m., will also be webcast at http://investors.expediainc.com.
Thursday: Bellevue-based drugstore.com holds its annual shareholder meeting at 9 a.m. at the Bellevue Club, 11200 S.E. 6th St., Bellevue.
Sunday: Look in the Business section for The Seattle Times’ review of how publicly traded companies based in the Northwest compensated their top executives last year.
Most Read Business Stories
- FAA safety engineer goes public to slam the agency's oversight of Boeing's 737 MAX
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- MacKenzie Scott marries Seattle teacher after Bezos divorce
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- Boeing CEO gave up millions in pay; here's what he and other top execs earned