Heads up: A slow week is coming up for major economic reports, but there is at least one big one — Friday's report on the U.S. trade deficit for May...
Heads up: A slow week is coming up for major economic reports, but there is at least one big one — Friday’s report on the U.S. trade deficit for May. Rising crude-oil prices sent the trade deficit in April to its highest level in more than a year, to $60.9 billion. On Tuesday, the Federal Reserve releases May figures on consumer credit and on Friday the monthly update on the federal budget.
Monday: Puget Sound-area home-sales statistics for June are released by the Northwest Multiple Listing Service.
Wednesday: Flow International will discuss its fourth-quarter financial results in an 8 a.m. conference call accessible at 303-205-0066 and webcast at www.flowcorp.com.
Thursday: Costco and Nordstrom, along with other major U.S. retailers, will release June sales figures that may signal how consumers are reacting to the wobbly economy.
Most Read Business Stories
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- Boeing CEO gave up millions in pay; here's what he and other top execs earned
- Amazon's telehealth arm quietly expands to 21 more states
- Alaska Native group, Neiman Marcus settle lawsuit over coat