Heads up: Despite the holiday-shortened week, several major economic reports are scheduled. On Tuesday, watch for the Commerce Department's...
Heads up: Despite the holiday-shortened week, several major economic reports are scheduled. On Tuesday, watch for the Commerce Department’s April new-home sales and the S&P/Case-Shiller index of home prices, as well as the Conference Board’s consumer confidence index. The Commerce Department reports preliminary first-quarter GDP numbers on Thursday, and on Friday, it issues personal income and spending data for April.
Monday: U.S. financial markets are closed for the Memorial Day holiday.
Wednesday: Specialty retailer Zumiez holds its annual shareholders’ meeting at 1 p.m. at its Everett headquarters.
Thursday: Issaquah-based Costco Wholesale releases its fiscal third-quarter financial results. An 8 a.m. conference call with analysts will be webcast at the investor relations portion of www.costco.com. …
Most Read Business Stories
- FAA safety engineer goes public to slam the agency's oversight of Boeing's 737 MAX
- MacKenzie Scott marries Seattle teacher after Bezos divorce
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- Microsoft’s $10 billion Pentagon deal at risk amid Amazon fight
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
Internet retailer Amazon.com holds its annual shareholders’ meeting at 9 a.m. at the Seattle Art Museum’s Plestcheeff Auditorium.
Friday: Weyerhaeuser, the Federal Way forest-products giant, will hold its annual analyst meeting in New York. It will be webcast live, starting at 6 a.m. Seattle time, at www.weyerhaeuser.com.