The fancy store, one of some 350 Starbucks stores spread across the five boroughs, will feature coffee roasting, cocktails and a Princi bakery.
Starbucks is placing its latest high-end coffee bet in New York City with the opening Friday of a 23,000-square-foot Reserve Roastery in the meatpacking district.
The fancy store, one of some 350 Starbucks stores spread across the five boroughs, will feature coffee roasting, cocktails and a Princi bakery. It’s the fourth coffee palace the company has opened since 2014 as it carries out its so-called Siren Retail strategy, focusing on small-batch coffees presented in theatrical stores.
Two more Reserve Roasteries are planned in 2019 in Tokyo and Chicago.
Most Read Business Stories
- The sad truth about sleep-tracking devices and apps | Tech Review
- T-Mobile's brash CEO sprints to top of best-paid leaders at Pacific Northwest companies
- Safe deposit boxes aren’t safe
- Boeing faces largest quarterly loss in its history after a $4.9 billion financial hit due to 737 MAX grounding
- Northwest CEOs saw a lopsided bump in equity pay
Read more about Starbucks here »