The fancy store, one of some 350 Starbucks stores spread across the five boroughs, will feature coffee roasting, cocktails and a Princi bakery.
Starbucks is placing its latest high-end coffee bet in New York City with the opening Friday of a 23,000-square-foot Reserve Roastery in the meatpacking district.
The fancy store, one of some 350 Starbucks stores spread across the five boroughs, will feature coffee roasting, cocktails and a Princi bakery. It’s the fourth coffee palace the company has opened since 2014 as it carries out its so-called Siren Retail strategy, focusing on small-batch coffees presented in theatrical stores.
Two more Reserve Roasteries are planned in 2019 in Tokyo and Chicago.
Most Read Business Stories
- Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing, FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system | Times Watchdog
- Boeing has 737 MAX software fix ready for airlines as DOT launches new scrutiny of entire FAA certification process
- Belltown penthouse is region’s priciest condo sale ever — and new owners won't even live there
- Amazon finds an alternative workforce through Northwest Center, a Seattle nonprofit helping people with disabilities
- Boeing defends 737 MAX's cockpit add-ons, begins new pilot information sessions
Read more about Starbucks here »