The fancy store, one of some 350 Starbucks stores spread across the five boroughs, will feature coffee roasting, cocktails and a Princi bakery.
Starbucks is placing its latest high-end coffee bet in New York City with the opening Friday of a 23,000-square-foot Reserve Roastery in the meatpacking district.
The fancy store, one of some 350 Starbucks stores spread across the five boroughs, will feature coffee roasting, cocktails and a Princi bakery. It’s the fourth coffee palace the company has opened since 2014 as it carries out its so-called Siren Retail strategy, focusing on small-batch coffees presented in theatrical stores.
Two more Reserve Roasteries are planned in 2019 in Tokyo and Chicago.
Most Read Business Stories
- Facing populist assault, global elites regroup in Davos
- 5 investment tips from Vanguard founder John Bogle
- Boeing overhauls quality controls: more high-tech tracking but fewer inspectors
- King County property tax bills are coming, and the housing market slowdown won't lower your bill
- Alaska Airlines flight diversion leads to a 30-hour nightmare for passengers WATCH
Read more about Starbucks here »