Starbucks closed all its stores in Brussels on Tuesday after bombs exploded in that city's airport and subway.
Starbucks closed all its stores in Brussels on Tuesday after bombs exploded in that city’s airport and subway, and injured one Starbucks worker.
One of the two explosions at the Brussels airport apparently happened outside a Starbucks store.
Starbucks said that while one employee was hurt, all employees there were accounted for and safe.
“We are deeply saddened by the senseless acts that have taken place in Brussels today,” a Starbucks news release said. “This store and all other Starbucks stores in Brussels will remain closed until further notice.”
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon, Costco not among major retailers shunning MyPillow and its Trump-boosting CEO
- Western Washington home sales, prices climbed in 2020. See how home prices rose in 23 counties.
- Bill to speed reopening of businesses draws lots of fans but faces uphill battle
- Does it make sense to pay off your mortgage early?
- Electric aviation startup MagniX opens new headquarters and production facility in Everett