Starbucks has partnered with the French food company Danone to create new Greek yogurt products to be sold at some U.S. Starbucks cafes beginning in spring 2014 and in grocery stores in 2015.
The first product will be a Greek yogurt parfait to replace a Greek yogurt with honey parfait currently sold in Starbucks stores. The flavors for that and other products have not been formulated yet.
The yogurt will be branded “Evolution Fresh, Inspired by Dannon.” Evolution Fresh is the juice company Starbucks bought in 2011. Dannon is a yogurt company owned by Danone, which also owns Evian water and other products sold internationally.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Starbucks characterized it as a multiyear agreement.
Most Read Business Stories
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- Boeing made an entire fake neighborhood to hide its bombers from potential WWII airstrikes
- Boeing CEO gave up millions in pay; here's what he and other top execs earned
- Seattle artists worry potential sale of historic INS building could spell the end for their studios
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or email@example.com. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.