NEW YORK (AP) — Starbucks customers had to wait in long lines Friday to get their caffeine fix after an outage of its app made mobile orders impossible.
The coffee chain says it is experiencing a “temporary outage,” but didn’t provide any other details. The outage comes on the same day Starbucks launched its holiday drinks and cups. It’s also handing out free red reusable cups.
Customers took to social media to complain about the app and the long lines they found at stores.
The app has become an important part of sales growth at Starbucks. Mobile ordering and pay made up 14 percent of all transactions from July to September.
Most Read Business Stories
- Zillow pauses homebuying as tech-powered flipping hits snag
- Jobless benefits uncertain for Washington workers who quit or are fired over vaccine mandates
- Microsoft leaders warned Bill Gates over ‘inappropriate’ emails
- 2 rule-breaking retirees go on a road trip, leaving COVID cases in their wake
- Apple is finally fixing the things people hate most about its laptops