NEW YORK (AP) — Starbucks customers had to wait in long lines Friday to get their caffeine fix after an outage of its app made mobile orders impossible.
The coffee chain says it is experiencing a “temporary outage,” but didn’t provide any other details. The outage comes on the same day Starbucks launched its holiday drinks and cups. It’s also handing out free red reusable cups.
Customers took to social media to complain about the app and the long lines they found at stores.
The app has become an important part of sales growth at Starbucks. Mobile ordering and pay made up 14 percent of all transactions from July to September.
Most Read Business Stories
- Newbies discover penny stocks, and 1 trillion shares get traded in a month
- Does it make sense to pay off your mortgage early?
- Why finding workers is getting harder for U.S. homebuilders
- From crack cocaine to Mar-a-Lago: The unusual journey of the MyPillow man
- 'Make or break': Washington business groups lobby for tax cuts, easing of COVID-19 restrictions