NEW YORK (AP) — Starbucks customers had to wait in long lines Friday to get their caffeine fix after an outage of its app made mobile orders impossible.
The coffee chain says it is experiencing a “temporary outage,” but didn’t provide any other details. The outage comes on the same day Starbucks launched its holiday drinks and cups. It’s also handing out free red reusable cups.
Customers took to social media to complain about the app and the long lines they found at stores.
The app has become an important part of sales growth at Starbucks. Mobile ordering and pay made up 14 percent of all transactions from July to September.
Most Read Business Stories
- British Airways parent company delivers a massive vote of confidence in the Boeing 737 MAX
- First flight of Boeing's new 777X delayed at least until the fall VIEW
- Two Seattle law firms combine to form 180-attorney shop
- A question at the Paris Air Show: Will Boeing CEO Muilenburg survive?
- Boeing ends Paris Air Show drought with 787 order; plus a roundup of other developments