The white-collar union at Boeing has reached a tentative agreement with the company on a new contract for a small group of instructor pilots and a separate agreement for the 38 people facing layoff because their work as flight simulator instructors is moving from Seattle to Miami.
All 109 people in the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace (SPEEA) bargaining unit will get $5,000 if the deal is ratified.
Those laid off will get an extra $3,000 on top of any company severance pay.
A vote on the deal is yet to be scheduled.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
- Zillow’s price estimates are now cash offers in homebuying push
- FCC approves $50 monthly high-speed internet subsidy for low-income households