This week’s best business quotes include controversies ranging from the ICE raids on 7-Elevens to Google’s stance on diversity and Seattle’s special deal with one Airbnb operator.
A Nebraska attorney who represents businesses, criticizing the reasoning behind this week’s U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement crackdown on employers with undocumented workers.
William McClelland, a building owner who did not benefit from the special exemption to Seattle’s Airbnb limitations won by another property owner.
“There’s a long tradition of not commenting on problems with classified missions, unless it blows up in such a way that everyone can see it,”
John Logsdon, founder of the Space Policy Institute at George Washington University, on the mysterious disappearance of a highly classified satellite launched by SpaceX.
“Google’s open hostility for conservative thought is paired with invidious discrimination on the basis of race and gender.”
Lawsuit filed by ex-Google engineer James Damore, who was fired last summer after criticizing the company’s diversity policies.
Most Read Business Stories
- The nicest Sears you've ever seen isn't owned by Sears
- Federal shutdown delays start of commercial passenger flights from Paine Field in Everett
- Why investors should pay attention to Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos’ divorce
- Boeing overhauls quality controls: more high-tech tracking but fewer inspectors
- Alaska Airlines flight diversion leads to a 30-hour nightmare for passengers WATCH