This week’s best business quotes include controversies ranging from the ICE raids on 7-Elevens to Google’s stance on diversity and Seattle’s special deal with one Airbnb operator.
A Nebraska attorney who represents businesses, criticizing the reasoning behind this week’s U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement crackdown on employers with undocumented workers.
William McClelland, a building owner who did not benefit from the special exemption to Seattle’s Airbnb limitations won by another property owner.
“There’s a long tradition of not commenting on problems with classified missions, unless it blows up in such a way that everyone can see it,”
John Logsdon, founder of the Space Policy Institute at George Washington University, on the mysterious disappearance of a highly classified satellite launched by SpaceX.
“Google’s open hostility for conservative thought is paired with invidious discrimination on the basis of race and gender.”
Lawsuit filed by ex-Google engineer James Damore, who was fired last summer after criticizing the company’s diversity policies.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amy Hood won back Wall Street and helped reboot Microsoft
- Some Pacific Northwest CEOs earn 200 or 400 times what the average employee is paid
- Your password has likely been stolen. Here's what to do about it.
- They worked at Amazon, Apple and Microsoft, and now they’re working to get you stoned
- More people are buying a home — the biggest financial decision of their lives — sight unseen