A variety of federal tax deductions can help an entrepreneur maintain and grow a home-based business.
But the rules governing home-based business deductions aren’t always easy to understand, and require good record keeping.
If you own and operate a home business, it would pay to learn all you can about home-based business tax deductions.
Here are a few places on the Web with useful information:
Most Read Business Stories
- Google puts lid on cookie jar and ends an internet era | Commentary
- MacKenzie Scott marries Seattle teacher after Bezos divorce
- FAA safety engineer goes public to slam the agency's oversight of Boeing's 737 MAX
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- Microsoft’s $10 billion Pentagon deal at risk amid Amazon fight
Discusses requirements for home office deductions.
Covers range of home-office deduction topics, including qualifying for the deduction and home-office depreciations.
Spotlights tax tips for home office and links to IRS forms.
Serves up criteria for qualifying home-office tax deductions.
Internal Revenue Service
Provides overview of rules and requirements for home office deductions.