Heads up: Several key economic reports are out this week but may be overshadowed by turmoil in the global markets. Four reports are due Wednesday: September retail sales and producer price index, August business inventories and the Federal Reserve's Beige Book of regional economic conditions.
Heads up: Several key economic reports are out this week but may be overshadowed by turmoil in the global markets. Four reports are due Wednesday: September retail sales and producer price index, August business inventories and the Federal Reserve’s Beige Book of regional economic conditions. The September consumer price index and report on industrial production are out Thursday. Friday brings September housing starts.
Monday: The government bond market is closed for the Columbus Day holiday. … Microsoft makes a “significant announcement” on Silverlight, its competitor to Adobe’s Flash in online video and rich Internet applications.
Tuesday: Microsoft opens a new Accessibility Showroom on its Redmond campus to highlight accessible technologies for people with disabilities.
Thursday: The British-American Business Council and French-American Chamber of Commerce host a half-day conference at the Rainier Club on how the aerospace and defense industries will navigate the financial turbulence.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon sued by Black cloud-computing manager over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Costco, Whole Foods rise in Greenpeace rankings of grocery chains' plastic use
- Screening to detect prior coronavirus infections launched by Adaptive Biotech, with Microsoft's help
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
Saturday: Meet government and business officials at the Africa Day Business Forum, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Red Lion Hotel in Seattle; dinner and auction 7-9 p.m. Information: 206-256-6139.