DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Saudi Arabia opened its second movie theater this week with tickets expected to go on sale to the public this weekend.
The Vox Cinemas movie theater in the capital, Riyadh, has four screens, including an IMAX screen and a special theater for kids. VOX Cinemas is owned by Dubai-based Majid Al Futtaim, a major regional developer of malls and movie theaters.
Majid Al Futtaim’s CEO Alain Bejjani told The Associated Press on Thursday the company plans to open theaters in all of the kingdom’s major cities over the next two years, with a Vox movie theater opening in the second largest city of Jiddah early next year.
Saudi Arabia opened its first movie theater two weeks ago after a more than 35-year ban on cinemas, showing the blockbuster “Black Panther.”
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle-area home price cool-down stands out among U.S. cities
- Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing, FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system | Times Watchdog
- Boeing has 737 MAX software fix ready for airlines as DOT launches new scrutiny of entire FAA certification process
- Belltown penthouse is region’s priciest condo sale ever — and new owners won't even live there
- Amazon finds an alternative workforce through Northwest Center, a Seattle nonprofit helping people with disabilities