As the airport's massive renovation continues and the Port of Seattle changes up its leases, new restaurants are coming to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Some will open this spring. In 2020, Salty's will open in a location currently occupied by Anthony's Restaurant, which is closing March 31.
This spring, visitors to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport can expect an expanded menu of new eating options as the airport’s massive renovation continues.
By the end of March, the newly upgraded North Satellite expects to have three new restaurants — Bambuza Vietnamese Kitchen, Caffe D’arte, and the Skillet — according to Port of Seattle spokesperson Perry Cooper.
Five more restaurants are slated for the south side of the central terminal: Pei Wei Asian Diner, Lucky Louie, Pallino’s, Evergreens, and Ko Shi Suhin Bento.
Those eight will be joined by more restaurants and shops over the next several years. In the summer of 2020, Salty’s at the SEA, a full-service seafood restaurant, will open a two-level location on the central terminal’s redesigned north side. That space is currently occupied by Anthony’s Restaurant, which is closing March 31.
Most Read Business Stories
- Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing, FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system | Times Watchdog
- Belltown penthouse is region’s priciest condo sale ever — and new owners won't even live there
- Doomed jets lacked 2 key safety features that Boeing sold only as extras
- Helicopters rescue Norway cruise ship passengers amid storm VIEW
- Boeing begins new 737 MAX pilot information sessions and defends the jet's cockpit displays
Anthony’s, one of the airport’s more popular restaurants, was among several dozen eateries that failed to win new leases from the Port of Seattle and will close by the end of 2019.
Even with the closures, Sea-Tac will see a net gain of 50 new restaurants and shops, and hundreds of new jobs, by the time the renovation wraps up in 2025. This year alone, employment is projected to hit 2,291 workers, up from 2,073 in 2018, Perry said.